Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
The Wray Enhancement Project area includes approximately six blocks along Main Street from the south side of West 7th Street to the north side of West South Railway Street.
Have you noticed the colorful lines pained down Main? In the next few weeks, survey crews will be working along Main to collect utility data, locate lines and take measurements. These measures will be instrumental in the engineering phase of the Main Street Project.
• Phase 1: Design and Engineering included in 2018 budget.
• Awarded $127,000 from Department of Local Affairs Energy and Mineral Impact Assistance Grant.
• Negotiated agreement with Diamondback Engineering and Surveying for Phase 1: Design & Engineering of the Main Street Project.
Around the corner
• Engineers & Surveyors will make use of a drone and utilize LIDAR technology to topographically map the City within 1 cm of accuracy. LIDAR, a light detection and ranging system is a surveying method that measures distance to a target by illuminating the target with pulsed laser light.
• Project kick-off meeting with engineering firm.
Goals of meeting include the finalization of expectations, scope of work, and schedule, and collection of input from community and businesses.
• 90% design completion by November of 2018
City Success Factors
• Open and frequent communication with community
• Public outreach and education
• Clearly identified project goals and scope of work
• Transparent Process
• Minimization of impact to Business District
• Enhancement of utility infrastructure